- Applications for round two of the Agricultural Shows and Field Days program open 28 January 2022.
- $7.9 million is available for eligible organisations.
- The program helps support events after the disruptions caused by the pandemic.
Applications under round two of the Coalition Government’s Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program will open on 28 January 2022.
Minister for Agriculture and Northern Australia David Littleproud and Member for Groom Garth Hamilton said the Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program is a way to give show societies a much-needed cash injection after the disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Agricultural shows and field days generate over $1 billion in sales for small businesses every year,” Minister Littleproud said.
“For some communities and charities, agricultural shows or field days are the financial boost they need to get them through the year.
“Not only are they essential for business, but agricultural shows and field days also provide a way for people to show off their latest innovations and technology, increasing productivity and profitability for all involved in the agriculture sector.”
Applications for support under this second round of funding open on 28 January 2022 and close on 17 February 2022.
Grants from $10,000 to $70,000 will be available for eligible show societies and field day organisations to help cover significant financial losses over the past two consecutive years due to events being cancelled because of COVID-19.
Applicants will be able to claim for eligible expenditure incurred for events cancelled in the period from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, up to the maximum capped amounts listed in the following table:
|Attendance numbers (2019 or 2018)
|Maximum grant available (GST exclusive)
|Small agricultural shows and field days
|Up to 1,999 attendees
|Up to $10,000
|Medium agricultural shows and field days
|2,000 to 4,999 attendees
|Up to $15,000
|Large agricultural shows and field days
|5,000 attendees and up
|Up to $70,000
Member for Groom Garth Hamilton said the support would go further than just dollars and cents.
“Economics aside, agricultural shows and field days are a great day out and provide the much-needed opportunity for communities to come together, catch up and support each other,” Mr Hamilton said.
“These grants provide show societies and field day organisations with the confidence they need to go ahead and plan their events in 2022 and beyond.”
- The Coalition Government is providing over $83 million to support the growth and long-term sustainability of these important events.
- $21 million has been allocated for round two of the Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program.
- The program is divided into two separate grant opportunities:
- $7.9m – Agricultural Shows and Field Days
- $13.1m – Capital City Royal Shows
- The Agricultural Shows and Field Days grant opportunity opens for applications on 28 January and closes 17 February 2022.
- Further information will be available on 28 January 2022 from the Community Grants Hub website (communitygrants.gov.au).
- The Capital City Royal Shows grant opportunity is expected to open in early 2022.